Stephanie is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist specializing in individual, couples, and family therapy. She is also a Certified NET Practitioner, offering this powerful mind-body approach to help clients resolve unhealthy stress patterns. She currently maintains a private practice in Chino, CA.
With over 20 years of experience as a marriage and family therapist, along with additional training as a Certified NET Practitioner, Certified Sexual Assault Counselor, and Certified Trauma Response Specialist, Stephanie serves a broad spectrum of clients. Among her areas of additional study and/or expertise include parental grief/bereavement (death of a child), sexual assault counseling, relationship-based counseling, Neuro Emotional Technique (NET), and Emotional Transformation Therapy (ETT).
In addition to being a well-respected relationship therapist, Stephanie has also published a book, “Why My Child? A Clinical Guide for Helping Parents Survive the Sudden Death of a Child”, which is used to help educate professionals and paraprofessionals alike to the unique factors surrounding parental grief/bereavement.
Stephanie is an interactive, relationship-based therapist who enjoys working with people from all walks of life…whether they are simply looking to improve a part of themselves or have hit a major “bump” in the road. She believes that her clients already possess the answers they need, and she empowers them to search for their internal strengths in order to overcome their personal challenges. Stephanie’s therapeutic approach is to offer a warm, supportive environment where, through the use of complementary methodologies and techniques, clients are able to effectively address personal life challenges. With compassion and understanding, Stephanie works with each individual to help each of them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
Education & Credentials
- Master of Science, Counseling: Marriage, Family, & Child Counseling, University of La Verne, 1999
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Summa Cum Laude, University of La Verne, 1996
- Certified Neuro Emotional Technique Practitioner, NET Inc., January 2018
- Board Certified in Bereavement Trauma, AAETS, October 2007
- Board Certified Expert in Traumatic Stress, AAETS, August 2007
- Certified Trauma Response Specialist, CSUF, December 2001
- Certified Sexual Assault Counseling, Project Sister/OCJP, October 1999
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT) – Lifetime Member
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) – Clinical Member
- American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress/National Center for Crisis Management – Diplomate
- Cambridge Who’s Who Registry of Executives and Professionals 2006-2007 Edition – Honored Member
- Why My Child? A Clinical Guide for Helping Parents Survive the Sudden Death of a Child (September 1, 2009) – This book addresses the unique aspects surrounding the death of a child and details the clinical interventions/considerations for the professional/paraprofessional counselor.